Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Introduction

Between Gavin and myself, we discovered that we had over 120 cookbooks and most of them hadn't really been used. So I decided to start experimenting, and having all the books lined up on shelves started with book no.1 and started cooking from the first recipe in the book. Having done, I then cooked the first recipe from the second book and so on. This means I am cooking every single recipe from every single book that we own..!! As I cook the recipes, I then make comments in the book as to how good they are, and if they become good enough for a dinner party I am transferring them across to a separate book. A friend asked if I was sharing this via a blogspot so hence this..

As I cook through the recipes, I have decided to share any good or interesting ones, including any comments that I feel are needed. Through this experience I have taught myself how to cook, and given myself a confidence in trying different ingredients that I didn't know I had. As I have experimented with many recipes already, I will run through my Dinner Party book and post any recipes that I feel people might want to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment